The act of processing a vehicle for recycling, crushing, scrapping or disposal
*The efficient, ecological disposal of inoperable motor vehicles and reclaiming reusable parts and components.
* Certified Automotive Recycler. A designation awarded by ARA to recyclers who meet a set of standards for general business practices, and environmental and safety issues.
The amount of money a junk, wrecked or total loss vehicle is worth to a seller or the value of the parts and recycled metal to a vehicle processor
To take a used vehicle apart for the purpose of reclaiming usable parts. Dismantling takes place in a dismantling bay.
* In late-model vehicles. Includes electronic fuel or ignition systems, computer boards
* The system the automotive recycler has set up to collect and recycle or dispose of the fluids remaining in salvage vehicles in an environmentally-responsible fashion.
A term commonly used to locate a company who will tow your junk car away for processing
A term commonly used to locate or describe a business which pays people for junk and salvageable vehicles
See also Junk Yard A term commonly used to describe a business who’s main operation is the dismantling of vehicle into components to be sold as used parts and/or scrap metal
* Like kind and quality. Describes replacement parts that are of the same quality as the original prior to an accident. LKQ parts can be new, OEM replacement, or recycled parts.
A car dismantled into usable parts to be sold or reused.
* Used hard parts that have been reconditioned to the same quality as new.
A facility which processes vehicles for salvage
A term commonly used by the public to describe a business which pays money for vehicles which have reached the end of their life and have little value for their hard parts and are therefore sold for the value of their metal contents.
Similar to scrap prices - the worth of a vehicles metal contents
* A determination made by an insurance company when the cost of repair plus the salvage value is greater than the car’s Blue Book value.
A term commonly used to locate a company which pays cash for junk and salvageable vehicles
If you have any questions please call our junk car buying specialists we are happy to just answer your questions.
Popular Locations Selling Cars Now:
*Definitions courtesy of Automotive Recyclers Association -ARA 2008 Green Report
Rustys was the best on price and convienence!!! My experience was great and will go through them again, im a life long costumer!!!
Lyndsey - Cincinnati, OH
They took care of everything. All I had to do was call. They were professional. The covered more than all the bases. Enjoyed business with them
Brandy - Sterling Heights, MI
My car went out and I needed something to do with it. The place that looked at it only offered me 200 and I knew I can get something better then that. When I looked online Rustys pop up and…
Tanya - Essex Junction, VT